BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 28, 2010

To Be Continued...

Monday morning I was a nervous wreck.  I had a custody hearing at 9am and, although I knew my case was strong, the uncertainty was driving me insane. 

You can read about my story here.  It has been a very difficult and confusing time for my family.

We only had time to address the issue with Faith.  The judge removed all of his overnight and weekend visits with her and is allowing him one day per week for dinner.  This is a huge relief because she has been going through a lot of emotional abuse from him.  He has called her fat and ugly.  Him and his girlfriend punish her for lying when she is telling the truth.  They try to force her to answer questions with what they want to hear and if she doesn't tell them what they want to hear she has to stay in her room all day/night.  She has been very upset about going with him.  The judge told him he was confusing her and not doing what is in her best interests. 

Unfortunately, Rockland still has to go with him because we did not have time to address both issues in the time we were given.  We go back to court in mid Dec. and I am hopeful that can be resolved as well.  He has put these kids through so much. 

For now I am happy to have the small victory.  I am continuing to pray that the judge/courts will see through him and do what is best for the kids.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds just really hard to be going through. Im sorry you have to go through this. Custody stuff can be so scary!!