BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 20, 2010

It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

Its Friday! God how I love Fridays!  Specifically, 5:00 on Fridays!  For some reason Fridays always seem to be the most interesting day of the week.  It's like all of the stress from the work week has driven people insane and their actions are for my pure entertainment.

My day started off with the drive into work.  I notice that there were people setting up a beautiful flowered arch, aisle runner and chairs.  It was pretty obvious this was for a wedding. BUT.....why the hell were they getting married on the front lawn of the abandoned insane asylum , with boarded up windows.  Which, happens to also be right next to the rehab center.  Wow! That just screams romantic to me!  Who thinks to themselves "My dream wedding would be at the looney bin"?  I wanted to stop and ask them about it but there was too much traffic and, quiet honestly, I couldn't stop laughing. 

My work day is going by slow and it seems like everyone else has already checked out for the weekend.  5:00 can not come soon enough!  I need to pick up the kids, go shopping and pack.  We are heading to the shore this weekend for Tim's family reunion.  The shore part I am totally excited about.  The reunion part...not so much.  It's not that I don't like his family...they are great.  But, I hate attention.  I would prefer to sit on the beach and relax.  Of course that will not be the case.  Everyone is going to oooo and ahhhh over the baby and the engagment ring. 

I am also not looking forward to packing for 3 kids.  I mean Faith and Rock are fairly easy...a bathing suit some extra clothes and we're done.  But, Gav....uh...I forgot how much you need to lug around with a newborn.  He needs atleast 3-4 outfits per day, just incase we have spit ups, blow outs etc...!  We need to pack bibs, formula, bottles, diapers, binkys, a pack and play, the travel swing, a hat to keep the sun off his face and probably a crap load of other things!  All of this equals a stressed Mommy before we even leave the house.

Then, we have the car ride.  Which is about 2 hours.  That will most likely consist of a lot of "mom, mom, mom , mom", "are we there yet", "how much longer"!  Plus, it inevitably ends with the baby screaming his head off and Faith and Rock fighting over something silly like "he looked at me" or "Faithy took my (insert whatever toy is "his" at that moment)"!  And Tim wonders why I am not jumping for joy over these little family trips!

All I can say is TGIF!   But, just because the work week is over doesn't mean I'm not working!
***********************************************************
UPDATE:  The trip went surprisingly well!  Beach Pics below!


0 comments: