BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sleep? What in the hell is that? Oh right, that thing I use to do BEFORE I had kids.

So, It's Wed!  I honestly think I could help slept the whole day away.  Gavin had his 2 month check up last night and had 4 shots.  Needless to say, he was not a happy camper!  And, because of the damn Tylenol recall, I was not a happy Mommy.

The doctor warned us he may be a little fussy and have a low grade fever.  She said to give him some infant Tylenol and he would be fine. Well this I knew from when Faith and Rock we babies.  What I DID NOT know was that there was ANOTHER Tylenol recall.  I stoped at the pharmacy on the way home, thinking I could run in real quick since the baby was screaming.  NO!!!  I get in the aisle with the children's fever meds and it completely cleared out.  I had to drive all over the damn place to make sure I got something Gavin could take at only 2 months old. 

When I got home Tim's mom was waiting for me because she was suppose to do my hair.  We hadn't had dinner yet so while she was setting up I was running around like a crazy person trying to get dinner in the oven.  I finally sat down to get my hair done at 7:00.  Dinner was ready around 8.  Which didn't help me much because my hair wasn't finished until 10:45.  This is when I hate having extremely thick hair. 

By the time I was done everyone was asleep.  I threw a small plate of food together, shoveled it down as quick as I could and woke Tim up so he could head up to bed.  I put a bottle on for the baby, changed him and attempted to feed him so we could all get some sleep.  Well, he was so fussy and sleepy from the shots that he would only take half of his bottle.  This, of course, meant that I was up every couple of hours the rest of the night because he would fuss but didn't want to eat.  By his 6am feeding I was exhausted.  He has been a good sleeper since he was born so I haven't had to adjust too much when it comes to getting up at night.

7am rolled around and I SHOULD have been getting ready for work.  But, I ended up sleeping through my alarm and waking up at 8:10.  Work starts at 8! I threw clothes on as quick as I could, grabbed the baby's stuff and dropped him off with my grandparents.  When I got to work I had numerous messages with billing problems, complaints etc.  On top of that, every customer I have talked to today has had the most complicated complaints imaginable.  Didn't they get the memo that I had a bad night and I am exhausted?!?!

Well, I have 3 1/2 more hours of work.  Let just hope the worst is over for today and I can go home and try to relax before doing it all over again tomorrow!  A girl can dream right?

0 comments: