BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Itsy Bitsy Spider....climbed up my windshield!

So I officially had an anxiety attack on the way home from work today!  I pulled out of the drive way and into loads of traffic.  I had my grandmother on speaker phone.  All of a sudden I see a huge spider crawling up the windshield right in front of me.  If it had been on the outside that would have been enough to cause me to totally freak out (it has happen before and Tim has had to come "save" me before I would drive any further).  But, NO! This big ugly spider was on the INSIDE of my car.  I scream "holy shit, grandma I have to go" and hung up on her.  She called me back and I answered in the midst of my hyperventilation.

Well, she too is terrified of spiders so she starts freaking out as well telling me I needed to pull over and get out of the car.  I was on the verge of tears trying to explain to her that if I stopped I would be late picking up the kids.  I told her I had to go so I could attempt to drive safely.  

I then called Tim so he could talk me through this car ride.  But, the situation escalated.  The damn spider disappeared.  I took my eyes off it for 2 second to look at the car in front of me and it was gone.  OMG! You gotta be freaking kidding me!  Now I was really freaked out.  The damn thing was crawling around somewhere in my car and I had no idea where.

The 20 minute ride to pick up the kids and the 20 min ride to get home was absolutely terrifying for me!  This thing could be anywhere!  As I was getting off the exit for my house I called Tim and told him to be waiting outside.  I had him check me and the kids to be sure it wasn't crawling on us.  He then tore the car apart but the damn thing was no where to be found!

I swear, spiders hunt me down and stalk me.  I have had numerous spiders hangout on my drivers side window.  Which, of course meant I could not get out of the car for fear of it jumping on me.  I have had several encounters with spiders in the bathroom in the middle of the night.  But, never a spider right in my face while I was confined inside the car, in traffic, with nowhere to go.

To make matters worse, I think my 2 yr old son now thinks his mother is a loon!  He asked me why Tim was checking him.  I told him because a spider was trying to get Mommy in the car.  He looked at me and said "Mommy it's just the itsy bitys spider.  He no eat you." He walked right out the front door, looked back at me and said "I go get hims."

The spider has yet to be found.  I just wonder how the hell I'm gonna get to work tomorrow without having a nervous breakdown.  My luck the damn thing will be lurking in the corner just waiting for me to get back into the car!  OK, OK...maybe that's just a little irrational but ya never know!

**********************************
UPDATE:
My fears are NOT irrational!!! The damn thing was waiting for me this morning.  It was just sitting right there on the windshield.  This time I won.  I squished him!

0 comments: